While I was on my west coast vacation I was nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Erin from Happier, Healthier, More Fit Me. I was so honored and excited because really, SHE is the one that inspires me. She is a busy mom with two small children who manages to train for races and is working towards her group exercise certification. She makes what I do look easy!
Since I have been nominated here is what I have to do:
- Display the award logo somewhere on your blog.
- Link back to the blog of the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs.
- Notify those bloggers that they have been nominated and of the award’s requirements.
7 Things About Me
- I have some really weird fears and I have no idea where they came from. I am terrified of weeping willow trees, American flags that are abnormally large, guns, and heights. Even seeing these things can make me start to tear up and feel extreme anxiety. Strange, I know!
- I spent 5 months during my junior year of college studying abroad in Sydney, Australia with my best friend. It was the best 5 months of my life and I wouldn’t trade that experience for anything. I traveled all around Australia and to New Zealand, met amazing people, took a two week road trip that involved sleeping in our car and not showering (so gross), and did some other crazy things that I will not disclose on this blog. Also, despite my fear of heights I somehow bungee jumped twice and went skydiving. I want to go back someday!
- I grew up hating almost all vegetables and loving all things meat-related and now I am a vegetarian. Now I love all veggies and meat really grosses me out. I don’t understand how that happened.
- I met my husband through my friend that was dating him at the time. When it didn’t work out between them I asked her if she minded if I started talking to him and she said no. He moved in with me a month later and we were engaged by 6 months. We were married on our 2 year anniversary and found out we were expecting a baby 2 months later. People thought we were crazy but when you know, you just know! We couldn’t be happier 🙂
- I am super organized and I love making plans. I live by my planner and my lists. I make a list of everything I want to accomplish each day, even little things that I don’t really need to put on a list but I do anyway because I love crossing things off!
- I can’t fall asleep at night unless my husband rubs my back. This is especially true since I’ve gotten pregnant. What can I say, I’m spoiled 🙂
- I have really bad road rage that has only gotten worse throughout this pregnancy. I think it is made worse by where I live (the DC area is notorious for it’s HORRIBLE traffic and terrible drivers), but I just can’t stand people who have no regard to others when they are driving – not using turn signals, texting, pulling out in front of you when they shouldn’t, etc. It makes me soooooo angry!
15 Inspirational Blogs!
This Runner’s Trials – I started reading Jen’s blog when she was pregnant, and I quickly learned about her amazing athletic history and was impressed by how far she ran into her pregnancy. Now that her son is 7 months old, she’s running faster and stronger than ever. She’s such an inspiration for my post-partum running! She also one of the most honest bloggers and makes no apologies for it, even when others give her a hard time.
The Concrete Runner – This blog is written by Kristen, another runner that I started following while she was pregnant. She ran all the way through her pregnancy until she gave birth to her baby. I love her posts about being a new mom, running (she is super fast!), and her love of frozen custard. She’s the perfect example of living a balanced, healthy life!
Food and Fun on the Run – I found Mary’s blog after she ran the Country Music Marathon and had a tough race. I could relate to her because I had a really difficult experience when I ran that race a year prior. I started reading regularly and was hooked. She writes a combination of personal and informational posts – and she is FAST! She is definitely inspirational.
Busy, Bold, Blessed – Amber just trained for and ran her first half marathon! It was awesome following along with her training and watching her transformation. I love how she constantly sets goals for herself and works hard to achieve them.
The Wannabe Athlete – Callie calls herself a “wannabe” but after triathlons, multiple half marathons, a baby and another one on the way, I think it’s safe to say that she’s not a wannabe anymore! I love how she writes honestly about her struggles to stay healthy as a busy mom.
Hungry Runner Girl – If you’re a runner and familiar with the blogging world you’ve most likely heard of Janae. She is seriously impressive with a marathon PR of 3:04. She is now at the end of her pregnancy and still running crazy weekly mileage! I always look forward to reading her posts when they pop up on my Google Reader. She’s so funny, real, and sweet. I can’t wait to see her give birth to her baby girl and continue running after baby!
Girl Evolving – I can relate a lot to Kim. She is a new mom who ran through her pregnancy including a bunch of half marathons (like me!), she is a vegetarian, and prefers to live a “natural” way of life. She’s another of my inspirations post-baby (As you can see I read a lot of mommy blogs now, but that’s going to be reality for me soon!)
Happily Ever After – I found Nicole through the BabyCenter Running Mamas group. She is due a few weeks after me and still running strong! I love reading to her blog because I can relate to her current struggles and experiences running through her pregnancy.
Katie Runs This – Katie is a busy mommy blogger who is a great example of how important it is to make time for running after baby. I am always impressed with how she continued to get out there and run even while working, taking care of a newborn, and commuting over 2 hours each day. She recently quit her job to take a job of her dreams working in the running industry! So awesome!
Random Thoughts from the Zoo – Catey is the mother of NINE children (!!!) who started running after her 7th child. She just gave birth to her ninth and ran through her entire pregnancy. She’s already back to running and is so inspirational. I don’t know how she does it but I love reading about her adventures!
Renee Runs Miles – Renee is an amazing runner who is currently pregnant with her 3rd child. She writes about her life and her running honestly and I can relate to her, because pregnant running is NOT easy! She regularly runs with her two boys in the stroller which is just awesome in itself 🙂
The Running Mom – Kristen is the mom of an adorable little boy and a marathon runner. She is also currently pregnant with her second! She is super inspirational and has done awesome things like run 20 miles with a stroller (WOW!). She also did the Running Streak like me and is going to try to continue with it like I am.
Run This Amazing Day – Katie is a triathlete from my area. I can’t remember how I started reading her blog, but I love it. She writes extremely honest posts about her life, including a divorce, a new marriage, her injuries, her adorable dog’s illness, her intense training, and her famous booty 🙂 She just finished her first Ironman and I cried while reading her recap. She inspires me to do one someday!
Swim, Bike, Run, Life – Sarah is another local runner and triathlete from the DC area. Reading her posts about her training makes me exhausted! She is training for an Ironman and does more hard work each week than I do all month (even when I wasn’t pregnant!) She is rocking her training and I can’t wait to see how her Ironman goes next month!
Run Inspired – Yes, another blog named Run Inspired! This one is written by Tracie who is a marathon runner and a teacher (like me!). She decided to take on a 365 day challenge after a disappointing experience at the Boston Marathon this past April where she wasn’t able to finish due to a heat illness. She researches a running/health/nutrition related question every day and blogs about it. I love reading her informational posts that help expand my knowledge of running and how to get better and stronger.
Thank you for nominating me Erin! I hope you all get a chance to check out some of the blogs that I think are awesome and inspirational. I love blogging because it’s such an amazing community that allows me to connect with people that I can relate to and learn from. Reading blogs every day keeps me motivated and on track to living a healthy, balanced life!