I am so happy to report that week 12 was SO MUCH BETTER than week 11. I still had a couple runs that were difficult, but for the most part I felt back to my old self after my sickness. I was also able to run with other people almost every day, and finished the week off with a surprise PR at one of my favorite local races!
Katie’s Miles (8/11 – 8/17)
- Monday: 2 miles @ 9:18. I still wasn’t feeling 100% after being sick all weekend but wanted to get out and join the Team RWB group run with my husband and friends Chanda and James. The guys took the strollers and I ran 2 miles with Chanda. I wanted to take it easy plus it was raining so we kept it short and sweet. Afterwards we watched the kids play together in the rain, which is just something all kids should do! It was a nice evening that took my mind off still feeling a bit sick!
- Tuesday: 1 mile @ 10:07. There were thunderstorms in the forecast all day along with heavy rain, so I knew I had to get out early if I was going to run. It was still raining but not too much, and I only did 1 mile because my knee started to ache a little after my run the day before. I wanted to play it safe and take it easy and slow. On the positive side, I was starting to feel better and recover from my never ending stomach bug! Woo hoo!
- Wednesday: 5 miles @ 10:07. I woke up on Wednesday morning feeling like myself again! I was excited because I had a running date with my friend Laura in the evening. We ran 5 pretty hilly miles and I tried to keep up with her while we had girl talk the whole time (did I mention she’s pregnant and almost at the halfway point? She is awesome!) The miles flew by and before I knew it we were done. I’m so happy to have a running buddy that lives in my neighborhood! Oh, and my knee felt fine too!
- Thursday: 3 miles @ ?. I made a lot of rookie mistakes during this run. #1: I chose to sleep instead of getting my butt out of bed to run in the morning, telling myself I would just go later. #2: I helped a friend paint her apartment all day and drank hardly any water. #3: We ate Mexican food for lunch. Note to self- this is NEVER a good idea before a run. Ever. #4: I went out to run during the hottest time of day with no cloud cover whatsoever, and #5: I chose the stupidest most hilly route in my neighborhood just to make an already hard run even harder. I didn’t even record my time because it wasn’t really the truth, due to how many times I stopped my watch to walk or answer the phone when Kevin called. I actually stopped right before mile 2 and talked to him on the side of the road for like 10 minutes. Haha. I was so unmotivated. The point of this long post is that I know better, and I need to make sure I DO BETTER!!!
- Friday: 4 miles @ 10:10. So much better than the day before! I got up before sunrise to run with my friend Laura again before she had to go to work. When I got out there I realized it’s been a long time since I ran in the dark since I have been off all summer! Luckily it was only dark for a little bit before the sun started coming up. It was a picture perfect morning, cool and breezy and Laura said it smelled like fall, which I LOVE! We did 3 miles together and I did a little more on my own. So happy to have had a good run after my tough one the day before!
- Saturday: 2 miles @ 9:50. The fam ran with Team RWB at their new location by our house again. We knew we just wanted to do a short and easy run since I had my 10 mile race the next day. I ran with Kevin and the stroller and we just enjoyed each other’s company on a beautiful Saturday morning.
- Sunday: 10 miles @ 8:04. Amazing day, amazing race! Read my full recap here.
- Total Miles This Week: 27
- Total Miles So Far: 341
- Total Days Streaking: 86
Kevin’s Miles (8/11 – 8/17)
- Monday: 1 mile @ ?
- Tuesday: 1 mile @ 9:30
- Wednesday: 2 miles @ ?
- Thursday: 1 mile @ 7:37
- Friday: 2 miles @ ?
- Saturday: 2 miles @ 9:50
- Sunday: 1 mile @ ?
- Total Miles This Week: 10
- Total Miles So Far: 163.3
- Total Days Streaking: 85
From Kevin: I had a tough week. I decided to cut back on mileage a little bit because my body was feeling sore and I had a lot going on. I didn’t wear the Garmin a lot because I just wanted to run and not care about my time. I did familiar routes so I knew what mileage I was running. This week I hope to get myself back up to where I was running before. Katie and I signed up for a 5K in September so that is motivating me now.
That wraps up week 12! One of the most exciting parts of this week was that we got a little glimpse of fall weather, which I cannot WAIT for. There is nothing better than running in the fall in my opinion. Bring it on!!!