Here is a recipe for a smoothie I’ve been loving all summer long! I make it almost every day. It’s super easy, healthy, filling, and refreshing. Don’t let the green color scare you- you can’t taste the spinach at all thanks to the fruit covering it up 🙂
- 1 heaping cup frozen fruit [I used a pineapple, mango, peach, and strawberry blend]
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop protein powder [I use Sunwarrior Vanilla and it’s delicious!]
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of almond milk [or regular, soy, etc.]
1. Put all ingredients in blender. I usually put my protein powder in first, followed by fresh fruit, then frozen fruit, then the liquids, then spinach.
2. Blend until smooth and there are no chunks or pieces of spinach visible.
3. Look inside your blender and admire your beautiful creation!
4. Pour into a glass and ENJOY! The recipe made enough to fill this size glass 2x!
- Put your protein powder at the bottom of the blender. If you put it on the top some dry powder will get stuck on the top once you turn the blender on. Putting it at the bottom will ensure you use it all and it doesn’t go to waste!
- My blender has different settings like mix, puree, and liquify. When blending the smoothie I start on mix for a few seconds, then switch to puree, then to liquify. I like my smoothies SMOOTH- chunks are the worst!
- Save money by using half frozen fruit and half fresh fruit like bananas, which are way cheaper than a bag of frozen fruit! Also, by using frozen fruit you don’t have to use ice, which I prefer.
- Adding a nut butter like almond or peanut butter is a great way to get in some healthy fat and make the smoothie even more filling.
Let me know if you try it! Hope you enjoy!