It has been a little while since I did a WIAW post. Now that I’m off for the summer and home with the baby I thought it would be fun to do a post about what both of us ate over the course of the day.
- Hers. So I totally forgot to take a picture of my breakfast, but it looked exactly like this. Oatmeal made with almond milk, banana and raspberries, with peanut butter stirred into it. And iced coffee… except the one that I drank was about 4x larger than the one in the picture.
- His. Kevin had a waffle and a small banana for breakfast. He ate 3/4 of the waffle and the whole banana!
- Hers. While Kevin was napping I made a salad with spinach, red onion, carrots, bell pepper, chickpeas, avocado, banana peppers, and chopped up pickles (I had a super sweaty run that morning and needed SALT!) with Goddess dressing. I also had two hard boiled eggs on the side. I’ve been paying more attention to my protein intake now that I am marathon training again. I want to make sure I fuel my body well for training and recovery.
- His. When Kevin woke up I made him a mini egg omelette (without cheese because he’s sensitive to it) with some spinach. He also had applesauce on the side. We’ve started giving him the whole egg after only giving him the yolk for months because egg whites can be an allergen for babies. But he’s had some foods that have egg whites in it and has always been fine so we decided to try it. So far so good!
- Hers. I made a green smoothie with spinach, frozen mango, banana, almond milk, and my favorite protein powder. It was soooo yummy!
- His. We had to go to a vet appointment for our kitten and while we were there Kevin ate a snack of Baby Mum Mum crackers.
- Hers. Last night we had Mama Pea’s Red Lentil Enchiladas from her cookbook which is one of our favorite dinners, so tonight we used the leftover lentils to make burritos. We threw some spinach in there too (Apparently I loved spinach today!) and sauteed some zucchini and summer squash to eat on the side.
- His. I made Kevin a little tasting plate that included chickpeas, zucchini/summer squash, avocado, and tortilla. I like to do this to see what he likes and doesn’t like. Tonight he ate almost all the chickpeas and zucchini/summer squash, and left most of the avocado and tortilla. I wanted to give him some lentils but they had jalapenos in them and enchilada sauce so I thought it would be too spicy!
- Hers. After Kevin went to bed we watched Big Brother and I started getting a little hungry again, so I had some cereal. I tend to wake up hungry in the middle of the night if I don’t have an after-dinner snack, especially on days that I run. Cereal always does the trick 🙂
So that is what we ate today! In addition to this food Kevin also nursed 5 times. What’s the best thing you ate today?