It’s Friday after 2 snow days and I’m feeling kind of scatterbrained, which means it’s time for another Random Facts Friday post!
1. I love reality TV. I don’t always have time to watch TV but when I do, I just want to watch shows that are entertaining and don’t make me think too hard- The Biggest Loser, Dancing with the Stars, the Kardashians, Jersey Shore… I could keep going. I am actually really embarrassed by that list.
2. I have totaled 3 cars in my lifetime. The first was the summer before my senior year in high school. I had an old Plymouth Sundance that didn’t have great tires and was driving in the pouring rain. I hydroplaned into a telephone pole. The second was during my freshman year of college. I was driving home for my grandpa’s funeral on Valentines Day and it was snowing. The roads were bad and everyone on the road was driving slowly, including me. I hit a patch of ice and my car spun around so that I was horizontal with the road. While I tried to get back to facing the right direction a car came speeding behind me and hit me on my passenger side, causing me to go off to the side in a ditch. The third time was two years ago when I was driving through my apartment neighborhood and a man pulled backwards out of his parking spot really fast without looking, slamming into my passenger side. Thankfully I was fine in all of these accidents. But it definitely makes me feel like a bad driver!
3. I love tequila. I love it in mixed drinks, margaritas, and even straight shots with lime and salt. It’s been a really long time since I’ve had it though. At our wedding reception Kevin took off my garter to the song “Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off” and pretended to pull a little bottle of tequila out from under my dress. Then he drank it. Haha!
4. I never really learned how to swim until last year, when I finally swallowed my pride and signed up for lessons at my gym.
5. I really think that baby snot is grosser than baby poop. Although now that we are into solids I may be changing that opinion, based on what I’ve seen so far!
6. I really don’t like talking on the phone and making phone calls. I don’t know why. I’d rather talk in person or text or email.
7. I think I am a hypochondriac. I always think there is something wrong with me, and I worry about everything health related. I am pretty sure this is connected to my mom passing away from pancreatic cancer when I was 17. It was really unexpected and happened 10 months after diagnosis. Now I am paranoid and hate going to the doctor or hospitals.
8. I have a bad habit of leaving cabinets and doors open when I leave the room. I also leave lights on, which used to drive my dad crazy and now drives Kevin crazy too.
9. I am a clean freak when it comes to dirt and germs, but I’m actually a messy person in terms of clutter and keeping things organized around my house. To me, clutter isn’t “dirty” and I know where everything is that I need. Kevin is the same way. It only bothers me when it becomes too much, then I get annoyed and go on a big organizing/cleaning spree.
10. I am a very visual person. I can remember things photographically like notes I have written, or where to turn if I’m driving by the scenery and landmarks, rather than names of streets. I am also very good at remembering faces and things that people wore.
11. I am a huge list maker and calendar lover. My planner is my best friend, and everyday I make a general to-do list and a school one that has everything I need to do at work each day, I also keep a running weekly and monthly calendar in my planner, as well as a big family calendar in our kitchen.
12. Even when I was at my highest pregnancy weight (156), I still didn’t weigh as much as my highest weight ever (160), which I hit during my freshman year in college right before I started running. I want to do a flashback post soon to give you a glimpse of the old me!
13. Sometimes I think I have psychic ability, because I will think about a song while I’m in the car and it will come on the radio. Does this happen to anyone else?
14. I went to Penn State for college from 2004-2008 and had some of the best years of my life. And no, I don’t want to talk about the current events that have given my school a bad name. I will always be a proud Penn Stater!
Your turn! Tell me something random about you! Where did you go to college? Do you love lists, reality tv, and tequila? Are you messy like me? I want to hear it all!
Previous Random Facts Posts: