- This morning I was getting out of my car at work and my favorite pair of jeans ripped right up my back. It was so obvious from the back and the front that I had to tie my jacket around my waist. Kevin went back home (a 20 minute commute both ways) to get me new pants, because it was definitely not appropriate for 5th grade! Time to go shopping!
- I have a crazy addiction to Burts Bees chapstick. If I do not have it with me for some reason I will not be able to think about anything else except how dry my lips feel. I have to store them around the house and in the car so that I always have access to one. When I was in labor I asked for my chapstick in between every single contraction, even when my pain level was at its highest. Yup, addicted.
- I really think that I have undiagnosed ADD sometimes. My mind is always jumping from one thing to another, and I find myself starting something then going off to do something else in the middle of it, which gives me another idea, etc. Kevin hates watching movies and TV with me because I won’t pay attention and then I will ask him a bunch of questions. I work with kids that have ADD/ADHD every day and I totally feel their pain!
- It really bothers me when numbers don’t end in a 5 or 0. When I get gas I try to make the total price and/or gallons end in one of these numbers. I always tip waiters and waitresses by adding 20% and rounding up to the closest whole dollar. Also, when I run I HATE ending on a number of miles that doesn’t end in a 5 or 0, like 5.41 miles for example. Annoying! I almost always try to run to the next whole mile marker, or at least the quarter mile, halfway, or three quarter mile point.
- I am really creeped out by weeping willow trees and huge oversized flags. I know it’s weird. I have no idea why!
- I am a huge sucker for Top 40 music- the songs you hear on the radio over and over again. I love to run to them and sing along while driving. It’s my guilty pleasure!
- I used to have lots of piercings. I had my belly button pierced from the ages of 16-21, my nose pierced from age 18-20, and I had 8 holes in my ears! Now I only have one hole in each ear pierced.
- Along the same lines of body art, I have 4 tattoos. I have a little heart design on my hip that I got when I was 17, a star on my wrist that I got when I was 19, “love” written in my mom’s handwriting on my side near my ribs when I was 23, and my running tattoo that I got last year on my ankle.
- Kevin actually dated my friend before we started dating. It didn’t work out between them at all, but it was quite scandalous when we got together (even though I talked with her and asked her permission). What can I say? It all worked out how it was meant to, didn’t it?
- I have TMJ that causes bad headaches and I grind my teeth at night too. Because of this I have to wear a super attractive night guard to sleep. Kevin loves it, haha.
- When I was a junior in college I studied abroad for 5 months in Sydney, Australia. I was able to travel all around the country and also to New Zealand while I was there. Those 5 months were some of the best of my life so far. I had so much fun and made amazing memories- like skydiving and bungee jumping! So scary.
There you go! Pretty random alright! Now it’s your turn- tell me something random about you!