This morning I had the best run I’ve had all summer. Why? Because it was like a little taste of my favorite season- fall! When I went out at 6 a.m. it was a perfect 67 degrees with hardly any humidity. I flew through 8 amazing miles with a smile on my face, feeling strong, hardly sweating, and loving life – no walking breaks needed! I will admit, the heat and humidity have left me feeling very defeated and discouraged this summer, so today’s run was just what I needed to restore my confidence and make me love running again. I am so excited for the fall weather to return for good!
I love fall for so many reasons. Here are a few:
- Perfect temperatures for running.
- Beautiful colors in nature.
- School starts again which means a fresh start for my students and me.
- Jeans and hoodies make their return to my wardrobe. My favorite things to wear besides running clothes 🙂
- FOOTBALL! My NFL team is the Eagles and my college team is Penn State.
- My favorite holidays- my birthday and Kevin’s birthday (yes, they count as holidays), Halloween, Thanksgiving, and our anniversary!
- Fall foods are the best. Apples, pumpkins, squash, sweet potatoes, and more!
- We take our annual camping trip to French Creek which means good food, friends, family, drinks, campfires, and fun! We have been doing this for as long as I can remember!
- Running the Air Force Marathon.
- Turning 25 years old.
- Our bachelor/bachelorette parties in Atlantic City.
- Going to Pittsburgh for a Steelers game (Kevin’s team).
- Going to French Creek with family and friends.
- Getting MARRIED on our two year anniversary (11/11/11!)
- Running our first race as husband and wife (Veterans Day 10K)
- Going to COSTA RICA for our honeymoon!